I’ve wanted to update my simple homepage for about a year now, and as per my December resolution, I just got it done. Feels good. It’s more responsive, cleaner and leaner code, and a nicer photo (taken by the amiable Sean O’Kane). The font is now embedded so it doesn’t need to load, and I got to play around with some new css units: vw and vh. Edit: vw and vh had some issues per browser, so I’m back on % and display: table-cell.
I’m pretty happy with how it came out. At first I tried the photo full-screen, but there wasn’t a lot of space for text and I prefer the full-sentence-style of the design. Next up I’d like to update this blog layout to match, slightly.